Sunday, October 16, 2011

Apple Waffles



I saw this recipe for Battered Apple Rings on Pinterest and thought, "what a great idea!" Then we made Buttermilk Waffles the other night and I thought, "Why can't apples work in this?"

Hoo-mama! This was good and so easy! I didn't even peel the apple. My only regret was that I didn't sprinkle the tops of the apple slices with cinnamon-sugar first.

Go on. Make this. People will think you are fancy.

Apple Waffles
  • Waffle recipe or mix of your choice. I used this one. It made 8 Belgian-size waffles.
  • 1-2 apples, washed, cored and thinly sliced.

If your waffle maker is not non-stick, you may want to spray it with a little non-stick spray before you start.

Pour batter into your preheated waffle maker. Place 3-4 apple slices on top. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar if desired, then close lid and cook waffle until crisp and golden brown.





Finish off with REAL butter and REAL maple syrup because life is too short for anything else :)

2 comments:

  1. I love that you used apples rings rather cubed apple! These waffles look delicious; very fall-esque.

    ReplyDelete